Pages

allthingsforsale.com Bento Products

Friday, May 25, 2012

Kdrama Wrap Up: Rooftop Prince


I have been watching the Korean Drama "Rooftop Prince" for the past couple of months and last night I watched the final episode -along with a nice big bowl of Spicy Tofu Soup & Cucumber Kimchi

I have to say that I was a bit apprehensive about watching this drama at first as I usually like more modern dramas....but this was a surprisingly wonderful mix of both period drama & modern. Only the first and last episodes take place in the Chosun Dynasty era and they really brought the story full circle.

This drama was really fun with some very emotional & dramatic moments as well. I laughed so hard & cried like a baby, but...it wouldn't be a kdrama otherwise! I got really attached to each character...the good & the bad, so I am really sorry to see it end. I think that this is the perfect drama for anyone, whether you are new or a seasoned kdrama viewer.



I definitely give it  out of 5 stars & it has also taken 2nd place in my top 5 favorite dramas (My Lovely Sam Soon holding tight in the #1 spot as always).
If you are interested in checking out this drama, you can watch it at either Viki.com or Dramafever.com, here is a brief synopsis via Viki:
Crown Prince Yi Gak finds that he has been transported from the Chosun Dynasty to modern-day Seoul. He meets Hong Se Na, who bears a striking resemblance to his dead wife, and is determined to solve the 300-year-old mystery of her death. With his own resemblance to the CEO’s grandson at the company where Se Na works, Gak assumes the identity of the young man to stay close to her. Can the Crown Prince navigate a modern corporation to find clues to his own time period?
  • Original title: 옥탑방 왕세자 (Ok-tab-bang-eui Wang-se-ja)
  • Title: Rooftop Prince (옥탑방 왕세자) / Prince of the Rooftop, Attic King
  • Broadcast network: SBS

Trailer



*On a side note, if you are interested in learning a new language, watching shows from that particular country is the way to go, whether it be Korean, Chinese, Italian, or Spanish! I have learned so much Korean through just watching these dramas as well as the culture and traditions. It's really a fun & easy way to learn!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...