Pages

allthingsforsale.com Bento Products

Sunday, May 20, 2012

Worrying Will Never Change The Outcome


This has been my motto for the past month and a half as I have gone through a series of worrisome (& quite painful) tests since getting back my first abnormal pap. I haven't had a pap  in 5 years, since I was pregnant with my twins actually...crazy I know! There is no excuse really, just busy with the kids, moving twice, fear of strange people looking at my whohaw. After all that I have been through, all those reasons seem pretty ridiculous, especially now that over a dozen people have seen my whohaw in the past 6-ish weeks @.@ . I have had every bad result possible and almost bled to death during my last 2 procedures...and now, more waiting. The Doctors and Nurses that talked with me referred to it as the Big C. They said the good news is I will find out soon if it is in fact Cancer....ummmmm, good news? That sounds pretty freaking horrible to me! They also said if I am going to have any kind of cancer, that cervical cancer is the one to have. I would rather have none thank you very much, but all of this has taught me a very important lesson....NEVER ever ever ever miss your yearly pap, for any reason at all. I imagine when all is said and done I will have to go twice a year for mine (serves me right).



This may be an taboo topic to be blogging about since it's so personal, but the fact is, more people should be talking about it and making others more aware of what can happen if you don't take care of business downstairs.This is not an uncommon thing, in fact, I was surprised at how many of my close friends & family members who have had abnormal paps, biopsies & Leep procedures but have never even mentioned it until I told them what was going on with me! I am glad I know now and have people to discuss my worries with, but I will definitely be preaching to those that haven't and make sure they get to their yearly appointments...I see a lot of awkward convos in my future, but it's ok! ^^

Worrying will never change the outcome, so I will try to distract myself in the meantime with my beautiful family I am so lucky to have and getting started on those projects I have yet to start. Stay tuned!

photo via http://instagr.am/p/GyrgyFrOOM


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...