Pages

allthingsforsale.com Bento Products

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Confessions of a Drama Queen


We got a mini-van! I am uber excited because we will be taking it on our big road trip to Maine in a couple of weeks and now we can ride comfortably instead of squeezing into our car (my brother in law is coming too!). Aside from the horror ride coming back from picking it up, I am really happy about it...and they kids are too as you can see ^^


Now, I will let you in on a little secret that only my close friends know about me. I am afraid of driving....like REALLY really afraid. I didn't get my license until I was 27 and after that I only drove around our little island  in Maine and surrounding towns. If I did drive on road trips I was with girl friends and it was way less frightening. Since I have moved from my hometown about 5 years ago, I have only driven a 4-6 mile radius from my house...luckily we are close by to malls and shops. So anyways, yesterday my Hubs called me and told me we would be driving to Virginia to pick up the new van and that I had to drive our car home....alone. I immediately felt nauseous. I was even more nervous at the fact that I would be driving so far through big cities at night since I am supposed to wear glasses due to my night blindness and I lost those years ago. On the way out there I guilted my Hubs into stopping to buy me an XL Hazelnut coffee for my ride back....I knew I probably would not have made it without my DD super powers of course! So with my ipod playlist loaded with Kpop & Jeff Buckley and with my coffee in hand I was off! All I remember is the van tail lights as I followed the Hubs and the ride taking FOR.EV.ER @.@ (and by forever I mean a little over an hour), the rest of it is just a big blur.We drove through Fairfax, D.C., and into Maryland off the highway cause the 6 lanes would've given me a sure heart attack. Looking back on it though, it probably would've been the smarter and quicker choice. I did learn something about myself from this venture though and that is, I will NEVER be a city girl. I will enjoy my new mini-van while driving it around my comfort zone in my area or on our family road trips with the Hubs driving and I am 100% OK with that :) 


Housewifed

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...