Pages

allthingsforsale.com Bento Products

Thursday, July 12, 2012

Weekend Wedding

I'm so sorry it took me so long to make this post about our weekend in Chesapeake and Peanut's Flower Girl venture...it's been a bit busy on the home front as well as me nursing a pretty bad burn on my back. All in all it was nice to get out of town for a bit and escape the craziness of the week before.

Our first stop after our 4 hour car trip was to Virginia Beach. We had to kill some time before we could check in to the hotel so we knew the kids would enjoy cooling off in the water a bit. This beach was not like the one I am used to in Wilmington and was way too sandy for my liking, but the kids enjoyed it so it made all the sand (that I'm still washing out of clothes, hair, ears, etc) all worth it.


After about an hour of the hot sun and surf we decided to make our way to the hotel and see if we could get an early check-in since we still had a rehearsal dinner to attend and we were in serious need of a nap. I was pleasantly surprised to see that our hotel was right next door to the Dollar Tree factory....it's one of my favorite stores when it comes to home organization....man, I'd love to take a tour of that place ( & some inventory!). 



We stayed at the Hyatt and our room was AMAZING, probably one of my favorite hotel rooms of all time...and we have stayed in many. I was a little sad we would only be staying one night here, but we will definitely be keeping this hotel in mind for future reference. This room was any parents dream who is traveling with kids...without a doubt ♥



The Rehearsal dinner was lovely and it was so great to see my friend from back home and honored that Peanut was able to be apart of her wedding. Some might find it odd that I went considering she was one of my brother's ex girlfriends, but she was like a little sister to me and so helpful when the twins were born, I couldn't say no. Peanut was given the most adorable bracelet with her name on it as her flower girl gift and has yet to take it off. I think she will keep it on until she grows out of it :) 


Bella & the Bride @ Rehearsal Dinner
The morning of the wedding we ate some yummy breakfast at the hotel and I spent the next hour curling Peanut's hair...only for it to fall out completely by the time we reached the wedding hall! Oh humidity, we are not friends @.@ So I had to re-curl her hair in the bathroom and coat her with more hairspray then I would wear on a normal day in the 80's. So sorry ozone >.<   


The wedding was beautiful (& pink, wiiiii!) and Peanut did her job perfectly despite our reservations...not that we didn't have faith in her, but as I've said before, 4 year old are unpredictable. You really never know what to expect, especially in a situation such as this. I am happy she got to have this experience though because what little girl doesn't want to put on a pretty dress & be a flower girl??? I am also hoping that it helped a bit with her shyness since she will be starting school in a couple of months.


I must note that Bobo was a super trooper during this whole thing... thank you little man ♥


The rest of the day was great, until we left to go home and were stuck in traffic for 6 hours on the way back @.@ We treated ourselves to some yummy Indo food and went to bed early...although I think I am still in recovery mode from the whole weekend,lol. TGI almost F!

10 comments:

  1. Peanut is a doll and it looks like you had a blast. Thanks so much for stopping by www.alittleunhinged.com earlier. I'm now following you and can't wait to read more from you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Gwen, thanks for stopping by and for following ♥ I hope you have a great weekend!

      Delete
  2. Visiting from the blog hop

    I'm a new follower - http://vintageboomer.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, thanks for visiting, I'm looking fwd to visiting your blog :D

      Delete
  3. Great pics! I love the little name bracelet. So ridiculously cute! Stopping by from the blog hop.
    -Laura @ www.strollerparkingonly.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice to see you here Laura! Thanks for visiting ♥ TGIF! ^^

      Delete
  4. The beach was too sandy - you made me smile :) Your daughter is beautiful.
    found you on the TGIF blog hop.
    You can find us at: www.MomfiaTees.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe, looking back on that statement it sounds kind of silly! XD But it was REALLY sandy,lol. Thanks for stopping by my blog, I am off to visit you too! xoxo

      Delete
  5. Your welcome! GORGEOUS B&B by the way! ♥

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...