Pages

allthingsforsale.com Bento Products

Monday, April 8, 2013

Closing & Painting

Woohoo! We ended up closing on the house over a week early!

This whole week has been a crazy whirlwind of packing, moving,shopping, deciding....and the kids have been troopers through the whole process so far! I have set them up (in our future reading nook) with some little projects & movies to keep them busy while I clean :)



So, as exciting as it all is, we are in a bit of a limbo situation since we already scheduled a lot of things with the original closing date in mind. Don't get me wrong, there is plenty to keep us busy, but we cannot get ahead of the game with the moving situation since we are waiting for the carpets to be cleaned in the upstairs rooms and 4 rooms overall need to be painted so we are just moving little things here and there. 

The whole downstairs is a blank canvas at this point, every room is either white or a light cream color (as well as our bedroom) so we were excited to pick out some colors to liven things up a bit. The decision over colors was not as painful as I thought it would be, we were pretty much on the same page with everything...I did have to sell him a bit on the yellow in the dining room though :)

Here are the colors we have chosen...all Vaspar paint at Lowe's, but they were nice enough to mix up a shade of my favorite color from Sherwin-Williams ♥

Mink (Family Room)

Bell Tower Stone (Living Room)

Maple Cream (Dining Room)

Sherwin-Williams - Pavillion Beige (Bedroom)

As you can see, we are a big fan of greige colors :) The Maple Cream looks a bit peachy on my computer screen but it's actually a nice shade of yellow and I think it will be a nice accent color to the grey that's in the living room (which is right off of the dining room).

I used the Valspar's Virtual Painter to choose most all of the colors in the house, I highly recommend this if you have digital photos of the rooms you want to paint ...and a little bit of patience! It can be a bit tedious since you need to use the virtual painters tape to tape off what you don't want painted. 


We have painters coming to paint our living room and bedroom on Wednesday and we will be tackling the dining room and family room that day as well....I will post some before and after pics when we are done! 

Housewifed

1 comment:

  1. I hope you are enjoying your home! My name is Heather and I have a quick question about your blog! My email is Lifesabanquet1(at)gmail(dot)com :-)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...